Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowed In

A foot of snow. At least that's what the official reading is here. More in some areas. I might have once told you that it doesn't snow here like it once did. THIS is how it used to snow. Breaking branches, downed power lines... or some kind of line. The view is indescribable. It's beautiful.

I ventured out this morning and the snow was almost to the bottom of my knees. Sitting here looking outside, the urge to go out and play in it is almost too much to resist.

I am watching the snow fall from the power lines now and I'm thankful that my house is sturdy enough to support the amount of snow that is on my roof right now. I'm wondering if it will slide off in a big avalanche or if it will just melt off. I'm also thankful that my electricity has not gone off. There is some downed line by my house but I'm not sure what it is because my internet and lights are all still on.

Here's some photos of the last 24 hours:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some beautiful pics!

Jerrine Absher said...

Really cool picts indeed!