Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ants

I dislike ants. They don't bother me so much when they are outside, but I get angry at them when they are inside. During certain times of the year, though, they will make their way into my home and always before I've been able to dissuade them with spraying bleach around areas they are wanting to get to. The last four days have been a tough battle, though, and they are scoffing at my attempts to keep them out. I'm thinking they are coming in for water since they seem to be hanging around my kitchen sink area. Hasn't rained here in a while and things are pretty dry.

This morning I made my way to Lowe's and bought some Amdro Ant and Roach bait. It's this gel type stuff that you place around their entry areas. If it's anything like the stuff the exterminators use, it should work pretty good. My previous home was infested BAD with ants and we finally called a professional and he dabbed this stuff around the house and in two days those things were gone and to my knowledge, still have not returned. It was clear, though, and this stuff is brown. It was recommended by a friend at work and he swears by it. Crossing my fingers! I haven't been sure where they were making entry and I had to stand there and watch the little buggers meander along while fighting the urge to KILL KILL KILL!

For about 9 dollars you get quite a lot compared to the amount you need to use. I only used three very small pea sized spots. If it works and if I placed it right, this bottle will last me for years to come.

No comments: