Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just A Couple Of Days

Took a couple of days off this week. Friday and Saturday to be exact. No plans for Friday but Saturday I'm venturing out to a friend's party. Haven't been to a party in a very long time and I've a mixture of being excited for some new fun and a tiny bit of panic because I haven't been in an environment with multiple strangers in a very long time.

This morning greeted me with crisp and very cool weather and the cleaning bug has hit me hard. I'm taking a break between mopping floors, waiting on the bathroom floor to dry now, and other miscellaneous cleaning out. I was going to go visit mom and dad this morning, but it's so rare that this bug hits, I'm taking advantage of it while it's here. My background music is my wonderfully programmed Pandora station.

I go back to work Sunday for a 12 hour shift and possibly a trainee. Yes, we are doing THAT again. She's green which means she'll be in for the next 8 weeks or so. I sure hope she works out. She has a great work history and is bi-lingual but I have not met her yet.

Ants are finally gone. Not sure if it was the crappy poison I bought or the rain. After 7 days with minimum improvement, it rained and they disappeared right after. Either way, they are gone for now.

Dad was diagnosed with three broken ribs and one cracked. As of today, the only pain comes from sneezing. He tries not to.

Off to vacuum!

No comments: