Monday, November 16, 2009

Night Life

You know it's time to drop everything and run outside when an officer calls you up to tell you that he's seeing some strange lights in the sky. I did. I still am debating if it was just stars we were looking at because the clouds were patchy where you COULD see some stars and they appeared to be standing still, yet the other star like looking objects appeared as if they were moving. If you have ever seen the shuttle orbiting the Earth, it looked like that... except there were about 50 of them. Some in clusters... some not. But the wind was up and the clouds were moving across the sky pretty fast and if it were daylight and I was lying on my back under a tall tree, the tree would have appeared to be moving, too. So I don't know. But it was cool thinking about it.

Speaking of cool... brrrrrr. The fire's on at my house and the windows have been closed and the Winter bedding freshly washed and put on when I got home this morning. Libby is running around like she's on fire trying to get someone to play with her. I wear out too quickly so I'm not much fun for very long. I hear her in the back rooms right now jumping up on the door frames, peeling away the paint with her claws. Crazy cat.

DWTS stuff if you wanna skip this part:
Tonight is the finals. I am predicting Joanne Krupa and Derek Hough will win this year with Mya and Dmitry coming in 2nd. Then Donny Osmond and then Kelly Osbourn. This, of course is before watching tonight's performance, so... I may change my mind after seeing the show, but by the time I get back here it will prolly be done. If ABC releases the show early enough tomorrow so I can watch it... OR... if I don't sleep well, which seems to be the running theme this week, I'll watch it live but I'll let ya know if I've changed my mind tomorrow before the show. I'm sure you will be on the edge of your seat waiting.

***
Something just went crash in the back. Libby got Cricket to play with her and I don't know if I wanna go see what they knocked over or not... guess I'll see it eventually anyway.

Stay warm! I will be. Right here:


2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hey! Didya see this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20091116/sc_space/strongleonidmeteorshowerpeaksearlytuesdaymorning

"One of the best annual meteor showers will peak in the pre-dawn hours Tuesday, and for some skywatchers the show could be quite impressive."

La La said...

Thanks, Pamela. Guess we'll be out watching the skies this morning as well. These were definitely not meteors, though. They looked, just like stars except it "appeared" as if they were moving. But I will get out and keep my eyes up tonight, well... as far as I can within earshot of the phones. Thanks for the link!!