Friday, November 27, 2009

Old

I took it upon myself to watch the AMA's last Sunday.  I don't normally watch award shows and I doubt I will again anytime soon.  My interest was in seeing Adam Lambert perform.  Before I get to Adam, though...

Maybe it's because I'm older and I grew up in a time of shows like The Donny and Marie Show, The Carol Burnette Show, Sonny and Cher... but I did not enjoy the American Music Awards.   I'm not into the gangsta, rap, pyro techy, over the top because they can't sing, Paula Abdo Choreographed scene.  How come nobody just comes out and sings any more? 

I love Adam Lamberts voice.  I think he is a remarkable singer.  His AMA performance has cured me of that, though.  Not only was the song horrible, but the whole sexually explicit gay thing was just trash.  I saw a clip where he tried to rationalize the performance by saying that if women can do it, so can he and if you have a problem with his but you like the women's then that's discrimination.  Well... I don't like either one, Adam.  I think it's stupid when women do it, I thought it was stupid when you did it.  I know that there are a ton of Adam Lambert fans out there that enjoyed the show.  I'm happy for them.  But I am no longer one and it makes me sad in a way because I really did enjoy what I saw from him up until the AMA's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, all of the music award shows seem to have gone bitchcakes over the years (thank you Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction). You'd think they'd make a music awards show about music, and save the goofball stage crap for the Tonys or something. I'm just sayin'...

I see you've also bumped Lambert from your Crazy Music player in favor of the much-less-likely-to-imitate-fellatio-on-a-gay-guy-on-an-awards-show Regina Spektor. Good call, in my opinion. I hadn't heard this song before--thanks!

I hope all is well in Crazyville!