Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December

Thanksgiving came and went in a blur. We ate our usual fare from Luby's minus my children this year. Not that they are on the menu each year. They ended up eating at their Dad's at the same time my parents and brother and sister in law and niece were eating at Luby's and the day passed into the next. I'm hoping to get to see my son before the new year. My daughter and I hung out about three weeks ago.

I dug out my electric heater today. I'm not sure why I waited so long to bring it out. It warms me well.

I have a family of something large living in my attic. I say family only because of the noises, not that I've seen things running around in here. It's loud and at times I'm afraid whatever it is, or whatever they are, will come crashing down through my ceiling. They hang out right above my fire. I had the same thing last year go on when it got cold. Don't hear it any other time.

I've contemplated hauling out the Christmas decor. Still contemplating as I type this and will probably still be contemplating tomorrow. Tried listening to holiday music the other day, but I couldn't get through the first song. Just seems like I put all the Christmas crap up week before last. And today passes into tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, attic critters. Raccoons, I'll bet. I heard some trying to find a way in the other night, and I need to keep them out. The little bastards are clever.