Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shmells Like Christmas In Here-a

My daughter and I went-a-shopping on Thursday. Working on getting her graduation announcements made up and mailed out. We happened into Michael's (a craft store on crack, for those that might not know) and as I always do whilst shopping with my daughter, I impulse bought. Two Christmas scent-ish candles. And they officially smell like the holidays.

Yesterday I traveled to Lowe's (I think everyone knows what that is) looking for some multi-colored LED lights to intertwine with my blue and white LED lights that I had up last year. I only got two boxes of 50 lights each, so I'll see where that gets me. I also took a look see at their Christmas trees and all they had were really big ones, and really small ones. So no tree here, yet. Going to have to travel to the tree lot. I always feel sorry for all the sad lonely trees that never get taken home. I almost bought a Charlie Brown tree from Lowe's just because it was SO awful. Oh, and I also got a cool door hanger that has these huge bells on it. And lots of glitter.

Can you see I'm trying to get into the spirit?

For the first time in 20 years, I own a coat. Not a jacket, not a sweater, but a real coat. It was my Christmas present to myself this year. By the feel of things and the look at the weather forecast, it was probably just in time. The last time I owned a coat was when I was married. I got divorced in 1990. So 20 years ago. I've never really needed one until I turned 40. When I turned 40 I got cold... I'm still cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the Mistletoe!