Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rant

Well... It's been a pretty crappy year so far. Last year ended bad and I really had high hopes for 2011. I'm sorely disappointed 2011.

Last year ended with getting sick at Christmas and the ceiling in my back bedroom on the floor and big old hole looking up into unknown critter land. This year started with me STILL being sick. Had to call in for the next few day yesterday because I have absolutely no voice what-so-ever. I was at least able to make it through three days of work last week.

Got the back room cleaned out and emptied of all things, all things being strewn, neatly, around the rest of my house, awaiting the arrival of the insurance guy Monday morning. I was trying to stay positive and thought this a very good time to just go ahead and start painting things around here since I'll prolly be here for a while longer, and just get in a better frame of mind about my home and really try to start enjoying being here. And I had really gotten to a decent place last nice, even without an out loud voice.

I awoke this morning to find that my refrigerator has gone out. I can hear it running but everything in the freezer has all but thawed out. I had just made an awesome soup last night, too. I don't know what, if anything, is going to be salvageable at this point. All I can do is sigh... quietly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn! Hang in there...? So sorry to hear that. :^(