Thursday, December 24, 2009

Xmas Eve

Wow.  It's here already.  It feels like just yesterday that I put up the tree.  People have asked me the last week, "Are you done with your Christmas Shopping?" and I always think to myself... are any of us ever REALLY done? 

I have to make a quick trip this morning to Walgreen's.  I was there yesterday and I saw what I needed for something else that I was wanting to do for someone but I needed something else with me before I could get it.  Ah... don't ya just love holiday vagueness?

The last few days have been unbelievably beautiful.  Yesterday, especially.  This morning I awoke to a Winter storm system moving in which has prompted a Winter storm watch around these here parts.  Not sure if it will get cold enough to do much damage, though.  I did notice that just West of here, they are encompassed in an ice storm.  For those that are not familiar with Texas weather, when we have Winter weather it is most often in the form of ice, not snow, although, I can't remember when we had a really good ice storm around here.  I remember one time as a child, it iced so bad that our neighborhood street turned into a solid sheet of ice and that no one could even think about going anywhere.  We ice skated in our sneakers that year.  Our Winter weather watch says we have to watch for blowing snow.  I've never seen that warning before.  Right now it's raining pretty good and the winds are up... we are experiencing blowing rain.  And  as usual... we will not be having a white Christmas. 

If all goes well weather wise, I will be attending a Christmas Eve service with my family this evening.  It's the one time of year that my family can get me into a church.  But if it gets too nasty, like the weather warning suggests... I will not be going.  I will drive in snow covered roads but I don't do ice.  

It's 6:30am now.  Walgreen's opens at 7.  Gotta beat the crowds!  Ya'll enjoy and be safe this Christmas Eve.  


No comments: