Thursday, March 4, 2010

Vacation Day 2

Spent today at two separate hospitals. Both patients are doing fantastically well.

I got to see pictures of my niece's small intestine prior to surgery. It was awful the condition her insides were. The fact that she had no dead intestine is a miracle unto itself. She was up and about today and she had many smiles to share, although that is not uncommon on most days.

The difference between my mother's first hip surgery and the one she had yesterday (afterwards) are like night and day. This was a hip replacement replacement surgery, I guess. The ball was switched out to a smaller size and things were realigned. The biggest difference I saw today was that she wasn't sick like last time. She was immobilized last time and they had her up walking today saying she could put as much weight on it as she could stand. We are not sure if the difference is due to the doctors or the procedures. My mom DID say that if she knew it wasn't going to be as bad as last time, she would have done it sooner. Although she still says this better be the last time.

Saw lots of family today and that always makes for a good day. Didn't get to see my daughter, though, and I miss her even though she kidnapped me last Friday and made me go out in a public place. My cheeks hurt from laughing with her all day. We had pancakes and bought cool stuff from Hobby Lobby.

It was a gorgeous day.

No comments: