Friday, August 7, 2009

But I'm NOT Catty!

I mowed my own lawn on Thursday. I noticed as I mowed over the pile of debris left by an unknown party that the pile has turned into a nice fertilized wonder, with St. Augustine grass that has rooted and started to grow, what with all the rain we had last week. Hence... you can always find something good if you look hard enough or wait long enough.

I've been completely sucked in by Face Book. Not only that, but I have spent countless hours, hours that would have been spent blogging about nothing, on a game called Farm Town. My addiction is so bad, I have a second Face Book account now so I can play Farm Town on that, too. And if that wasn't bad enough, my MySpace account that I haven't used since I started Face Book, I'm using for the sole purpose of playing, you guessed it, Farm Town. I've even thought of posting pictures of my "farms"... because seriously... that's all I can think about.

I got an email from someone and it really seemed more of an advertisement than a real email, but they added certain things about my blog that kind of made me think it was a real email. I'm skeptical of most everything, but I decided to take the bait anyway. The email was from Jenna Walsh, on behalf of Tidy Cats. For all I know, you got one, too. Anyway... old Jenna there, was inviting me to participate in a contest by writing a 175 words or less essay on why, just because I have more than one cat, that I shouldn't be lumped into the "negative" stereotypes that people who do NOT own cats have of those of us who do. Things like, being a homebody, a recluse and unsocialable. If I won, I got a years supply of Tidy Cats, $5000 and I would get to appear in a Webisode. Their slogan... “Tidy Cats Campaign to End Cattiness.” There's only one problem. I am a stereotypical crazy cat lady. I thought about writing something sarcastic about how they were not doing the crazy cat people justice by proclaiming the traits of a crazy cat person were negative and I was going to use the word discrimination for 170 of my 175 words... but I had been away from my Farm Town games for more than 15 minutes by this point and I had to get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That contest sounds like a load of catshit.

Anonymous said...

Oh--and I'm absolutely going to stay away from Farm Town! ;^)