Sunday, August 2, 2009

In Training

So I'm training again. Well... not really. He's pretty much been whipped into shape already and we're just tying up some loose ends before we cut the chains and push him into the water to fend for himself. It's often a beautiful tragedy.

The hardest part of training, for me, is filling up the dead air time, which on my shift is 95 percent of the time. So I talk. And talk and talk and talk. Till I can't talk any more and I go into the other room to pass the last hour of the shift playing video games or watching YouTube.

He seems like he's a nice kid, though. He's 20. Both of my children are older than him. Man I'm getting old.

We've had some pretty good rain this past week. Now my lawn needs to be mowed again. I'm going to make an extra special effort to do it on my weekend so's not to feel intensely guilty just in case my neighbor takes it upon himself to mow my yard again. Not that that wouldn't be cool. But I think I would feel obligated to pay him money or something. At least for his gas. And no... I haven't gone and gotten a plant and a thank you card yet, although I have already written a nice note to send along.

I think I'm going to make an early to bed day today. Didn't sleep real well yesterday so I'm hoping for better luck today.

You just go out there and have yourself a wonderful day now... ya hear!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the new trainee. And I like your August banner. You are really good at that stuff!

I hope you got a good snooze.