Sunday, August 30, 2009

Poor Lonely Little Old Mexican Guy

So my neighbors across the street of the FRONT of my house... the ones with the humongous yard that had the older couple who lived there and the husband's lawnmower that went about 50mph and got his yard mowed in 15.3 seconds, the ones that moved out... do not mow their lawn like the older couple did. He'd be out every third day and I swear I never saw his lawn get over an inch. Well now their lawn gets to looking as bad as mine, which is horrible for me because it just encourages me to avoid mine longer so's I can win the crappiest yard award (given graciously by the NRH Code Enforcement Guy)... Yeah, I know, I'm SO rebellious.

Their first mow session was done with about 20 "lawn-workers" out there mowing and edging all at once. (Did you like the clever placement of the quotations?) But the last few times... about once a month... I've seen a small green truck sitting in the front yard and the sound of mowing from that direction. I figured the mex... uhhh I mean Lawn Technicians charged them too much so they hired some poor fool who's having to do it all by himself.

The lonely little old Mexican guy arrived around 0930 hours. It's a pretty nice day today. Should have mowed my own lawn. It's almost 1230 now and he's edged everything and is about 1/4 of the way done with the mowing. He's by himself. He's using a push mower on a whole lotta yard. I don't judge size well as far as acreage goes, but it's about 5 times or more of my yard and I use a riding lawn mower. Mostly because I'm lazy, but still. Plus, their yard should have been mowed two weeks ago so the grass is high and thick. I can see him from whence I sit and he's struggling to get the mower through it without it dying on him. Poor guy. I wonder if he'll do mine when he's done over there? I'll chip in 20 bucks a month. We're PRACTICALLY the same yard. There's just a road that separates the two. Come ON!

No comments: