Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rain Pain Ramblings

It is a shame that the intensity of the pain I get during an "episode" does not determine the amount of rain we get. If so... last week we would have been in a hurricane. Instead, the sky spit on us, pointed, laughed, and then ran away. But the pain went away, too, and that's all that really matters.

Today it's back. Sigh.

After I got home from work yesterday morning, I stepped onto the back porch to look about the neighborhood and I heard something rustling in my trash can. I was able to get out of the door without the herd following me and when I looked in, there was a sad opossum looking up at me. I had a very small sack of trash in the really big trash can so there was nothing for him to climb back out once he got in, I guess. The REALLY sad part is that I heard this same rustling the day before yet I failed to go outside and look. Which means... the little guy spent a whole day in the awful heat and two nights in a trash can. ALL of the trash had been chewed on. The trash sack that the garbage was in was completely gone. I don't know if that thing ate it or what. There is a Diet Pepsi can that is full of teeth marks. Half of a styro-foam cup, size large, was gone. I tipped the can over and stepped away and he scuttled out and into my garage. I might water this evening and fill up a pan or something with water and leave it out.
***edit***
I did not take the following picture. This was swiped from the outside internets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How close were you when you took he picture?

La La said...

HAHA I did NOT take that picture. It was stolen from the internet. I will go back and make sure I make that correction.