Thursday, August 12, 2010

Filling Up Spaces

I remember when they brought the Lottery to Texas. I remember sitting back and daydreaming what it would be like to win the Lottery. Oh, the things I would have bought! I'm finding myself daydreaming about my own house that way now.

For many, many years while my children and I lived with my mother and father, I lived out of one room. When they moved out and my boyfriend moved in, there were four people still living together. My two kids and me and him. Everyone had their own stuff. Then everyone moved away and in my smaller 2bdr 1bth home I found it difficult to fill all my rooms with stuff. My second bedroom here, where part of the ceiling looks like it could fall in with not a lot of effort, has become the junk room, along with the garage. All the crap I need to get rid of or throw away has made it to these spaces. I keep wondering what in the heck I'm going to do with a house that has three bedrooms, two living areas and two bathrooms... and no garage to store all my crap that I'm too lazy to throw away.

My RE agent and I have narrowed down our times and I'm now awaiting word on an actual appointment time to see this one house. And I guess that's the kicker... one house. I've looked a lot online at houses and out of the thousand or so houses I have looked at, this is the only one that made me seriously think about moving forward and moving on. Which, I am fully aware, sets me up for some major disappointment. I'm okay with that, though, because if anything, it will be a huge learning experience for me, regardless of the outcome.

In the meantime, though, I'm enjoying the daydreaming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy you're following your gut on the house-buying. And even though you might decide not to buy this one, looking at it is a great idea. Lots to learn! I hope you like your agent. But remember: effectively, they work for the seller. Follow the money, yo.

And every great thing satrted with a dream--you go girl!