Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year And Other Stoof!

At midnight tonight, I will be answering phone calls relating to gunshots being fired and fireworks being shot off. I will get a LOT of calls, in fact. Lots of people out acting crazy on this night. To my family and friends who may or may not read this... be careful. Don't drink and drive. The cops will be out in droves and they are just waiting for that one little swerve as an excuse to pull you over. They make it a game between themselves on nights like tonight to see who can get the most DWIs. Trust me. They do things like this. To my children!!!: Don't put yourself in a bad situation. Call me, call me, call me. Doesn't matter that I'll be at work. I will find you a ride home. Be smart. And be alert to the ones who choose to go ahead and spin that wheel on the revolver. Unfortunately, though, the shot usually goes awry and an 8 year old girl loses both of her parents instead. It's just not worth it folks. Be safe tonight.

***

My mom sent me the most beautiful birthday card. I felt I needed to share it because it touched me so:

How to Make a Beautiful Life (Reflections For a Daughter On Her Birthday)

Love Yourself.
MAKE PEACE with who you are
and where you are
at this moment in time.

Listen to you heart.
If you can't hear what it's saying
in this noisy world,
MAKE TIME for yourself.
Enjoy your own company.
Let your mind wander among the stars.

Try.
Take chances.
MAKE MISTAKES.
Life can be messy
and confusing at times,
but it's also full of surprises.
The next rock in your path
might be a stepping-stone.

Be happy.
When you don't have what you want,
want what you have.
MAKE DO.
That's a well-kept secret of contentment.

There aren't any shortcuts to tomorrow.
You have to MAKE YOUR OWN WAY(SHADE).
To know where you're going
is only part of it.
You need to know where you've been, too.
And if you ever get lost, don't worry.
The people who love you will find you.
Count on it.

Life isn't days and years.
It's what you do with time
and with all the goodness and grace
that's inside you.
MAKE A BEAUTIFUL LIFE...
The kind of life you deserve.

There is no authors signature attached with this card, but it's from Hallmark. It is made so you can hang it up. Plan on doing just that.

***

Happy New Year, ya'll. May peace and love follow you through another year.

No comments: