Friday, December 21, 2007

The Men In My Life

I started thinking (which can be dangerous even though I'm a deep thoughtful person on a regular basis) about couples and what it's like to live with a significant other and how much work is involved and etc., etc. And I counted up the years of my life that I have spent living with a man. The total is about 7 years, give or take a few months. I've only been married once and 4 years of that 7 were with him. I don't take living with someone lightly because I know that it takes a lot of work and there have only been 3 men in my life that I trusted enough with my kids to allow them a space in my home and my heart.

Anyway... what prompted this post was a video that is an accurate re-enactment of a small part of what it is like to live with a man, which may explain why there have only been 7 years of my life dedicated to living with someone of the opposite sex.

Maybe I identified more with this video because at the beginning he says he calls out for her... "Laura, Laura..." Makes me think I'll be happily single for the rest of my life to never have to hear that "man whine" again. :-)

1 comment:

XOXO said...

Hahahaha!

OMG, I love that video SO much.

It's so true too!

Everytime I get sick or a sniffle, a day or so later, he has one too! And he's so pitiful!

It must be in the Man Rule Book, or something.