Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Where Have I Been?

I was doing my daily blog reading when one of them just mentioned that they were reading the new Steven King novel. What??! Then I went to stevenking.com and OMG! Why do I not have this bookmarked in my favorites????? THEN I found out that he's also put out a Richard Bachman book! Why, with all that the internet has provided me in terms of entertainment and company, have I never thought to find Seven King in cyber space? The one man I can honestly say I would marry tomorrow if he were to ask. His books are like a drug to me. As soon as I see a new one, I will buy it (doesn't matter that I have no money) and as soon as I'm home, I'll lock all my doors and settle into a chair/couch/bed and not be able to stop. I won't answer my phone, I won't shower, I'll call in sick to work, tell my kids I'm out of the country, tell my parents I've eloped... and God help the person who shows up unannounced.

You know those old black and white clips of the girls screaming and crying and fainting with the sight of Elvis, or The Beatles? I would be that way if I found out I was even in the same zip code as Steven King. I know I would. It would be way cool to say I had seen a movie star. But compared to meeting Steven King? Doesn't even come close. I can't BELIEVE I didn't have his website bookmarked. I'm seriously devastated that I missed even one word that he might have written.

So me and Steven have a date as soon as I score me some cash. Ahh, dear Steven... how I've missed you.

No comments: