Sunday, February 17, 2008

Why My Cat's Are Special - Jynxy

I brought home Jynx in November of 2003. Which was about 2 months before S left me. Jynxy ended up being my cuddle buddy as I laid in bed the majority of the first third of 2004. He was a good friend to hold and cry with.

He was given to me by a dear friend who I use to work with. Her husband was away at pharmacist school in Houston and Jynxy's momma kept my friend's husband company while he was down there. I don't remember how many brothers and sisters Jynx had. I don't think it was many. But he was chosen for me by this friend that I wished I talked to more. She took over my job when I left that "other" city.

Jynx is kind of a nervous cat. He's friendly but only after he knows you. He's almost as big as Spazz, but not quite. His special talent includes sharpening his claws very audibly and dramatically. He has the sharpest claws of any cat I have ever seen. He's very jealous, but mostly tolerant of the other cats. Spazz was his big brother and they played quite a bit until Jynxy got older. Now they just exist together and occasionally they will pick on each other. Usually Jynxy starts it, but not always. They do still sleep together as I'm sure you've seen in the pictures. For some reason, when it's nap time, no one goes to bed angry and all is well.

I've never had a problem with Jynx wanting to go outside. He's just never shown any interest in bolting out a door. He likes open windows and handfuls of grass that I bring inside, but other then that, he's just as happy being an inside cat.

He's my door opener. Cabinet doors, closet doors... anything that is shut, when I'm away from home, is open when I get home. Especially the linen closet. Not sure if he gets in there to sleep at night or not, because when I'm home, he's with me and the door is always shut when I get up. Maybe it's his way of looking for me when I'm gone.

If I'm in bed, Jynx is in bed with me. Unlike the other cats who go and do their own thing while I'm sleeping, Jynx stays put until I get up. While I'm at my computer, he squishes himself between my back and the back of my chair. Yes... he's there right now. I tried taking a picture once, but alas... I'm not a good blind shooter.

Jynx likes to be held and carried around, but because of his sharp claws, it always looks like I've been in a cat fight after I put him down. The claws are SO sharp, that I don't even feel the skin of my shoulder being peeled away. Okay, it's not all that bad, but if I haven't stressed it enough, that boy's got some sharp claws!

Jynx will push and bump his way to the front of the line during pet time, supper time, nap time, sleep time. He's not mean about it, but he always has to be first.

Jynxy can be quite silly and loves to be talked to.

He's good at hide and seek.

2 comments:

Jerrine Absher said...

I so knew that picture was coming!

Bren said...

OMG! This almost made me cry!! I miss you too girl and wished we talked more. I love the blog, it's awesome! I am going to check it often and keep up with what's going on with you & Jynxy! He's so awesome. I am so glad that he has you & vice versa. His momma Callie would be so happy that he has the most wonderful home ever. He had 2 siblings by the way. I didn't realize it had been so long either, wow! You take care of each other and I will keep in touch! Love ya girl! Bren