Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my mother's birthday... and also, the 19 year anniversary of the day I signed my divorce papers. Is it wrong that I remember my divorce date, yet can't remember the day I got married? Maybe it's just sad. I think I just remember the divorce date because it's on my mom's birthday... or maybe I remember my mom's birthday because of the divorce. Either way, two significant things happened on this day and my divorce would have never happened had my mom never been born on this day... although that kind of makes it sound like the divorce was my mom's fault and unless you want to blame my mom for letting me get married in the first place, then you can't blame the divorce on her either. Personally, I don't blame her for being born... or for my divorce... or for letting me forget what day I got married on. I don't blame my mom for anything. I love my mom, who's sporting a brand new hip these days. I wonder if my dad is taking her dancing tonight? HA! Just kidding mom.

Happy birthday, mother. I wish for you a day free of pain and steady walks... because we both know you are wishing for the same. If I could wrap that up for you and bring it over you know I SO would!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Mom!

On a side note changing the text color to white with this background would be good thing.

Anonymous said...

O.K. Orange works too!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!