Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Paperwhites

The watch time on Kitty-Cam has dropped significantly within the last couple of weeks. Not sure why. Well... aside from most of the time it's the most boring thing on the planet to watch. There's those in between times where the cats are all playing and running around being crazy, but rarely does one tune in at just the right moment. I tried to compensate by putting up videos that I had captured while the kitties were going insane, but for some reason you can no longer access my show page from the pop up viewer that people voted on that they preferred. The only way to get to the videos is from the show page. I'll probably put up a separate link to the show page to see if that helps up my stats. I can't call my Kitty Cam a failure because it's there, it's doing what I wanted it to do, and for the most part it runs quite smoothly... even if no one but me watches. And in the end, if nothing else, I quite like spying on the little monsters when they are up to no good while I am away from home.

Spring has definitely sprung here in the DFW area. It was over 80 degrees today and the rest of the week is supposed to be just as beautiful. It snowed last March, so we are never really out of Winter completely until April, but for a Winter that was hard on so many over the states this year, we've had quite the mild one in our area.

I've made small attempts at getting out and starting the long process of yard work. I am determined to get out tomorrow and do a little bit more. I have found it is a lot less daunting when I can concentrate on small spaces each time I go out. My Dad came and serviced the riding lawn mower so it's ready to go as well.

These flowers sit on the south side of the house and when the warm breeze blows through my open windows, it brings with it the scent of these flowers and they are extremely fragrant. They are called Paperwhites and are small members of the Narcissus family, which is the same family as the bigger Daffodils which are also fragrant, but not near as much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Byoo-tee-ful pictures!

Currently, kitty-cam is offline--it has been this way for the last couple of days. (For some reason I got curious about the little suckers.) Technical difficulties???