Thursday, September 9, 2010

Little Boys Never Grow Up

Most of my working career as been spent working with men. Before working with police men, I worked in a machine shop. There was two maybe three females in the entire company. Aside from a very small amount of time being a cashier at various grocery stores, a Chick-fil-A fast food restaurant and less than a month being a waitress, the rest of my time has been working in a predominately male work enviornment.

As the mother of boy and a girl, there are vast differences between the two. Girls grow up to be women. Boys grow up to be bigger boys.

My work life has influenced who I am. I still can't fart in front of anyone except my kids, but I don't seem to have a problem sharing in bathroom humor with the best of them. The other night one of my officers, who farts freely around me and makes me laugh because of it, started talking poop. Me, being a frequent pooper myself, jumped in. I laughed until I cried.

You women out there who have young sons be prepared. They never grow out of farting and the bathroom humor does nothing but get worse over time. It's NOT a phase. It's a way of life.

I miss my son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FFFBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFF!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so sweet! Hey, pull my finger...