Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dead Things

So that cold front that came through... well... I guess I must live in what they call a low lying area because when I woke up this morning, there was frost on my car. Which means my Hibiscus will probably not be alive much longer. Or the watermelon that I keep waiting to pick. Might have to pick that thing today just because it's not going to last out in this cold. Shouldn't I be harvesting pumpkins instead of watermelons, you might ask? Yeah... my watermelon growth was a fluke of sorts.

I got a late start on my flowerbed this year. Brought on by a mean person who didn't approve of my yard, it got my rear end out there to make it look pretty. And I did. And I'm glad I did. The problem with that flowerbed on my front porch is that it doesn't hold water well, no matter how much peat moss I use, and it doesn't get rain since it sits under the porch easement. So I installed an automatic sprinkler system. And by automatic sprinkler system, I mean I have to turn the water on by hand, it's just been a permanent fixture that I didn't move all summer. And my flowers thrived! But so did the watermelon seeds of 2006 that were deposited by my ex-roommate the first summer we moved in here.

The Morning Glories have all but bloomed themselves out as well. It's a sad state on my front porch right now. But the weather is supposed to be fantastic for the rest of the week so I plan on doing a bit of clean up out there in the next day or so.

I'm wondering right now how many of you, after reading the title of this post, thought I would be talking of dead rodent things? None have been found but then again I haven't been looking, and there are no offensive smells... yet. But things ARE much quieter in the attic area.

One more thing... guess what next month is? November, right? Yeah... and all the bloggers are talking NaBloPoMo which starts November 1st. For those new to the blogging craze, that stands for National Blog Posting Month and those that sign up try to accomplish posting every day in the month of November. I cheated and had to post a couple of times a day after missing a day or two. My goal is to not cheat this year. We'll see how THAT goes. Like last year, if anyone has anything they would like me to express my opinion on or if you would like to know more about certain things in my life, I take all requests seriously and seriously would appreciate the requests. You request it, I'll post about it and even take pictures of it if I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re. NaBloPoMo: What??? You're going to blog about & take pictures of your CAN?!? Oh wait, I read that wrong. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

Re. "Yeah... my watermelon growth was a fluke of sorts.": Must... resist... obvious joke...

And I guess you're saving up your blog ideas for November. Inquiring/bored minds want to know...

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I shouldn't drink & comment! ;^D

La La said...

Please! Drink and comment! Everyone!