Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Spice And Everything's Nice

This is the time of year where pumpkin spice is everywhere. In the 7-11 coffees, in cooking, in candles. Tis my favorite time of year for scents. I think it may have to do with the cold weather and closing up the house so none of the spiciness can escape. Which is what I have done this evening.

We had a cold front blow in today. Strong north winds whipping lots of trash into my yard for me to pick up later, my trashcan blown around the neighborhood, the cats running around like their arses are on fire. So I brought out the spice candles and oils, put away my lavender candles and oils and am currently enjoying a sensory overload of tranquil type feelings on my lonely Wednesday evening. Except I'm not really lonely... and it's a most wonderful feeling. I've got mellow tunes caressing my ears and the lights are dim. I have no plans this evening, but it's sure to be a relaxing night off after a hectic and long work week.

Nights like this with it's perfect ambiance, make me wish for one of those big giant garden tubs piled high with bubbles and spicy scents from that as well. I love my simple life, yet I do dream of little extravagances from time to time.

I wish for you a peaceful night as well.cat

No comments: