Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloweeeeen!

I have harvested my Halloween Watermelon and will be carving it up sometime today in the tradition of a Halloween Pumpkin. Pictures will follow.

My mysterious post for tomorrow is no more. The only mysterious thing you will be getting from me is a truly boring regular post, which is not really mysterious at all. What it WAS going to be about was a very dear friend going through some really bad times. I was extremely angry at a certain choice she had made that I had found out about. I finally got to talk to her yesterday evening and understand MUCH more of what she is going through and my anger is no more. I'm very grateful I gave it a few days before posting what I had pre-posted. It wasn't a bad post, but it was a serious post and since I'm all about butterflies and lemon drops here on this blog, I was happy to push the delete button. My friend, she's doing good. She's hurting, but she's seeing clearly the direction she needs to go. I love her, and miss her, and think of her often. (She lives a few states away) I do not envy her the healing she will have to go through. I've been there, she's been there before, and we both know the time thing is the bugger to get through. There is nothing harder then having to change the way you think and/or feel about someone. But it can be done.

So on this year's Day of Remembrance, let us remember the dead relationships of our past and learn from what they can tell us about how they have determined our now. For me, I know my life would be much different if not for each and every one of my past relationships. I feel blessed to have experienced the things that I did... I cherish all of the good memories, I learned from all the bad ones, and I have moved on and survived when I thought I couldn't and came out so much stronger in the here and now.

Have a monsterly witchy night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween/Swell Samhain! =D