Friday, October 2, 2009

Cricket Is Addicted To Cat Treats

One thing you can almost always count on with kitties... they love their routines. They have an uncanny sense of time and I wouldn't put it past them to know how to read a clock.

When it's almost time for me to go to work, that's when Libby shows up and acts all loving and needy when the rest of her day is spent chasing and attacking everything and sleeping. She has made me late to work more than once from this. She knows I can't resist her.

They all know when I come home in the morning that it's time to eat. I can come home any other time of the day and they are all off sleeping, only to raise their heads to look and see if it was me or someone new and interesting coming in. I've mentioned before about pulling into my drive in the mornings and seeing a cat sitting at the window, as if waiting for me, and by the time I get through the back door, all of them are there to greet me.

Spazz knows that after feeding time, my butt will be sitting at my computer and he will make his way to the foot rest I have sitting next to my chair for pets and brushes.

Cricket knows when it's treat time. A few in the morning when I get home, a few when I wake up and a little bit more right before I go to work. And there's nothing that will mess with them more than when you vary from the daily routines... like when I am too lazy to get out of the house to go buy more cat treats when I am out. Like now.

So I'm off to run errands, including a cat treat run. And yes, when I come home with grocery bags they all come running because they just never know when I'll come home with a new cat toy or more food.

1 comment:

gatofish said...

Your post made me laugh because my coworkers and I routinely compare our gatos' endearing habits, especially the not so lovely paw to the face in the early morning one.