Monday, October 19, 2009

The Wedding Day

Oh, internets... I don't even know how to describe to you how much fun I had yesterday at my Nephew's wedding. There was family, food, a killer band, dancing, lots of family... when I got home last night I just couldn't stop thinking about the day.

My brother, the father of the groom, won the prize for the most tears. Seeing him that way made me lose it. Then my mom started. Then my youngest nephew, not the one getting married but the brother to the one that was, lost it, too. I learned a thing or two about my family yesterday. Crying was genetically passed down from my mother as was dancing. I inherited the crying part, but definitely not the dancing part. But I got to dance with my oldest brother and regardless of the fact that my brother can dance and I cannot, it was a moment I will cherish for a long time. It made me very aware of how much I have missed him and how little I get to see him.

One of the best highlights of the evening was seeing my mother dance. She would not have been able to do that last year at this time. She's still having some trouble with her hip replacement that she had about 7 months ago... but seeing her up and dancing made me tear up as much as the wedding did. Best family quote of the night: "Your Dad says that when I drink, it goes straight to my feet." This was after a beer and a half.

If I don't do another thing the rest of my vacation, this was worth taking the time off.

My new niece (niece-in-law?), Hannah and my nephew, Cody:


I have no idea who the officiant was, but she sat down at the family table before the ceremony to talk and she is one of the nicest people I have ever met. She caught me while I was up walking around and she hugged me as she and her husband were leaving. If I ever get married again (HA HA HA) I'm calling that lady to perform it. She did an outstanding job.

No comments: