Wednesday, October 14, 2009

If You Light It, They Will Come

This was the scene last week after I lit the fire for the first time and brought out the winter cat beds.


Too hot for that this week, though. In the last two weeks we've had almost constant wetness in the form of rain, drizzle AND fog. The radio people said that so far there have only been two days with no precipitation in October. I'm beginning to feel as if I live in another state. Last week the lows got down in the 40's, my coffee tasted twice as good, I slept SO good in the darkened daylight hours and I started taking a sweater to work. This week it is much warmer, but we're still getting rain. I am one of the very few people you will never hear complain about the rainy weather. I love this weather.

As of about an hour ago, I'm officially on staycation. (I just added that word to my dictionary) I am SO off of work for 9 whole days. Co-workers kept asking, "so where ya going?" I kept answering, "ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE!" And I'm totally excited about it. Leave it to me to be excited about getting to do more of nothing. But I am! And I plan on doing a happy dance later.

No comments: