Saturday, October 3, 2009

Two Years

I went and let my anniversary date of my blog come and go without even realizing it. October 1st marked two years of senseless dribble. In the last two years I've posted approximately 525 posts. I say approximate because I have drafts of posts I've never posted and it screws up the count in my account. That sentence was kinda cool.

When I first started this blog I really didn't know how long I could do this. I've written some amazingly boring posts, but there were some funny ones, too, although I blame those on too much cold medicine, pain medicine and/or insomnia. Sometimes all three.

Over the last couple of years I've picked up some regular readers (waving at the regular readers) when I never expected to be read by anyone aside from friends and family (waving at friends and family). As always, thanks for stopping by. You, yes YOU coming here keeps me coming back.

***
I pulled a 12 hour shift last night. A very busy 12 hour shift.

This morning it is finally crisp outside. And with the crisp, dry air, sounds can be heard from farther away... like they are next door.

Today they are having the annual BISD UIL Marching Band Competition. If I'd had a pen and paper I could tell you who the judges all are. They are from all over the US, though. It's 0832 and the first band of the day has just started.

The sound is traveling so well, I can hear a piccolo. It will be an adventure sleeping soundly today. I expect to be woke up often with the sounds of pounding percussion in my bedroom. The kitties are NOT liking the drums.

Two years ago it was 90 degrees with high humidity and I could only hear the bands warming up. If this post didn't bore you enough, you can go here to read my post about this time of year in 2007.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way Cool Banner!

XOXO said...

What anonymous said!

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, sweetie! And ditto on the banner. =^)