Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday Night

It's about 9:30pm and in about 45 minutes I'll be leaving for work. I hate Friday nights. And they are made especially bad by them being the start of my work weeks.

My car is officially fixed (fixed as in starting and staying started but now it's pulling funny and might be a spark plug issue) and it's officially state inspected (for anyone who doesn't know, my last sticker read 01/07. Yeah... it had been that long). But I can celebrate by announcing even after driving around like that for so long, I am still a ticket virgin. I had made it a point to drive as little as possible during the day to avoid a nice police man from seeing my sticker and pulling me over. Since it's been out, there was only one instance where a police car did a U-turn and came up behind me and followed me almost all the way to my house. But for whatever reason, he didn't pull me over. I'm still in that fearful mode, though, about driving around.

My car was put into the shop and it got a new radiator, a new coolant gauge, a new thermostat (I think), some new hose, and a new muffler. All this so it would run right and pass inspection. The guy fixed everything and then failed it on the inspection because the emergency brake won't stay engaged. Some spring flew off of it one time when I pulled it up. So I took it down to my local Kwik Kar and I got a new sticker. It's been a productive weekend.

Now I'm off to work.

1 comment:

XOXO said...

I'm a ticket virgin too!

I had expired registration once, and a cop also made a U-turn and followed me for a bit and I was shaking in my boots!

I hate that feeling.

You deserve props for being able to make it over a year without a ticket!



I'm glad you got your car fixed! :-)