Sunday, April 13, 2008

Outing

I made it to Denton on Thursday. Had a wonderful dinner with my daughter and a family friend and her little sister. I use to call the family friend my son's girlfriend, but I don't think they are any more even though they still hang out almost every day. If she's not with my son, she's with my daughter, or my kid's stepsister. Usually they are all together, though. It's confusing. But she's a sweetheart and we all had a really good time.

My daughter's apartment was very cute. They were still trying to move the rest of their stuff in (this was a recent move by my daughter and one of her roommates. Roommate #3 has decided that boys and smoking pot are more important then her 14 year friendship with my daughter so her and roommate #2 found a mutual friend in another unit in the same complex)and although small, the apartment is really nice.

I didn't get lost.

I have to work 12 hours today. I think I have to work 12 tomorrow as well, but I'm not sure yet. No biggie... overtime always means more money so I can't complain really. Plus, when the 12 hour days hit on Sunday through Tuesday, I really don't mind at all. (who I work with makes ALL the difference)

It was a beautiful day yesterday... today is going to be just as beautiful. Makes sleeping during the day kind of hard, but I'll get to enjoy the mornings and the evenings, at least.

Here's a funny for all the women readers out there. Imagine being a woman in 1943. Click the picture to enlarge so you can read the silliness.



Fair thee well, dear reader.

3 comments:

Jerrine Absher said...

I dunno. Sounds like some good guidelines there. Especially the keep them happy part.

Jerrine Absher said...

Where did Spaz go?

La La said...

What do you mean where did he go?