Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Lawnmower Saga

Last summer, before I started blogging, I was attempting to blog on MySpace. I'm not sure why I like blogging here better, but I do, and I no longer blog on my MySpace page, although I do still visit there to catch up with friends and family. Anyway, I blogged about my adventures with my riding lawnmower and those adventures are about to start again today. It seemed that every time I got on the silly thing last year, I broke something on it. I'm hoping this year, it's a little more kind to me. My Dad was kind enough to mow last week to make sure the thing is still working, but it's rained since then and it's time to mow yet again. I will be sure to complain next time I'm here if all doesn't go well. I know you look forward to it. My complaining, that is.

When I was 17 years old, my family moved to a house from the house I grew up in. Except for the few years that I was married, I lived in that second house until I was 38, I think. I never knew, until I moved here a couple of years ago, how windy this area is. The house I was in before was set down in somewhat of a hole. The only noticeable wind was always from the north. This house I'm in now sits atop a small hill. The wind never stops blowing. Ever. Although this is an old house, the winds this place have seen are enough to put faith on that it won't be blowing down any time soon. I tried putting up my wind chimes when I moved in, but soon took them down because they never shut up! Now I know why I REALLY took them down:

No comments: