Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Crazy Night

There were some awesome icicles hanging from my back porch and my big wooden bird feeder as I left for work last night. My intentions were to take a picture of them when I got home this morning. Overnight, though, it went from 32 degrees when I left, to 38 by the time I got home. Needless to say, they weren't there when I got home. I need to get a digital camera that attaches to me somehow.

Work was dead last night. Not only where I was, but all of Tarrant County as well. My police computer was as dead as my telephones and my radios. Just a couple of calls from the crazy lady that calls me almost every night. She's got a list of complaints that she will always call about. Never anything new. Each night we have a choice of the following: The cars are speeding down her street. There are dogs running around loose (she lives right by our animal shelter). Her husband's wallet or keys got stolen. Someone will also often steal her personal items, like her eye liner or her green sweat pants. I wish I was making at least one of those things up. One thing I can say about her... when she calls to complain about something, she is always very polite. I did get her riled up one night and she called back and gave me a "go to hell" and hung up on me. On occasion, I'm thinking it runs with her menstrual cycle, she will call and say, "You're not doing your job", and then she will hang up. Sometimes she will time those calls just as I prop my feet up in the extra chair and get relaxed for the movie of the night. It's like she knoooows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cold night that Texas plays a Bowl Game will slow everything down 'round here.

XOXO said...

I miss Marlene. :-(

Anonymous said...

That poor, poor woman needs a life.