Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sigh...

News reporters that are reporting on the weather should only be allowed to read from a script and not be allowed to comment on things like their 10 dollar hat that they are glad they bought or, OMG there is ice on the ground! And, look at our CAR we've been driving in all day and OMG my soda is frozen! Tell me what roads are backed up, show me the accidents, give me the freaking information I really tuned in to see instead of your tiring and pitiful attempts at getting an anchor job. And OMG do you HAVE to call it ICE STORM '09? Seriously... I can't believe I haven't turned off the TV yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Local news is funny.

Anonymous said...

Our local cable news guys have two tones of voice: "all is well" and "absolute panic". We had a few overpasses closed here, but nothing bad; most streets were fine. Had this been an actual emergency, they would have been left with nothing to ramp up to, short of sticking their faces directly into the camera and screaming, "This really is terrible, dangerous weather--not like all those other times I told you it was terrible & dangerous just to be dramatic". Yeesh.

XOXO said...

Hahaha! Were you watching Channel 4 too?

Who cared about Lori Beriger and her frozen Coke Zero? And the one who told us EVERY TIME SHE WAS ON SCREEN how she had fallen leaving her house that morning.

Seriously. We knew it was icy and "treacherous" as they kept saying. We didn't need their little attempts at humor.

*end rant*