Thursday, January 8, 2009

Who Am I?

If this blog has taught me anything, it's that I have no life. Sure, I get a little adventure out to the store or to mow my lawn ever so often... but I don't travel, so I can't regale you with pictures of a foreign land... my kids are grown and moved out, so I can't share with you their daily little funnies... my cats, who entertain me on a daily basis, only get up and get after it a couple of times of day and most of that is already shown on the Kitty Cam so there's not much use in re-living those moments by words. I'm not out dating every weekend and if I were the feedback on all of that would probably be quite negative. Nothing big ever really happens at work, and even if it did, I'm not suppose to talk about it.

So... what am I to share with you reader? What are you hoping to read about when you come here?

I have 18 blogs that I read almost every day. The one thing I am always curious about are who these people are? Where do they come from, who are their families? Where do they live? How did they come to be where they are now? I've always been a curious gal. On family road trips I would often sit in the back seat and look at the other people driving by wondering who they were and where they were going and what they were thinking at that very moment.

Maybe I'm not the only one who is curious this way? Who knows? I thought I would spend January delving a little deeper into who I am. Maybe you care. Probably you don't. But it gives me something to write about and what are blogs here for if not to talk about oneself?

As always... comments and questions are welcome.

THE BASICS:

I am a 41 year old female who lives in the Fort Worth area of Texas. I have lived here my entire life. I am the youngest of three children. I have two older brothers. One month a year, my brothers are the same age. There are 5 years difference between me and my brothers. My parents have been married for almost... 46 years, I think. Maybe almost 47. My grandmother on my Dad's side will be 105 years old in 8 days. I have 3 nephews and 1 niece. I have two grown children. My daughter will be 21 in March. My son will be 23 in 13 days. I have 1 aunt and 3 uncles, none of whom I ever see. I think I have about 3 or 4 cousins. I'm not sure on that one, which is kind of sad, but it's hard to miss what you've never had. I have 1 ex-husband and 0 current husbands. All of my immediate family still live in this area. I have 4 cats.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Wow, 105. Good genes. You better plan for retirement accordingly.

So did you set out to have 4 cats or is that something that just happened?

kryston said...

tell us about things you like!! some of your favorites!! you're really a rather interesting lady :)

Anonymous said...

You're leaving out some juicy tidbits: you track down old boyfriends and rekindle friendships! :) (Feel free not to approve this comment, of course!) You play practical jokes on your coworkers, you're hilarious, and you actively seek inner peace.

And feel free to regale us/embarrass your kids with old stories about them! =D

Anonymous said...

I can truely relate to your posts. I often wonder about people and the lives they live. Of course, that is a part of my job too since I am a counselor. I also have 2 cats and they mean so much to me. I have cats show up on my doorstep often and it breaks my heart to not be able to take them all in. UUUGGGHHH! LOL Sometimes I think they understand me more tah people. I enjoy reading your posts.