Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Employee At Work

We had a new officer sworn in at work last week. He's been riding out for a little over a month, but last week it was official. He's the sweetest guy, a very hard worker and I've loved working with him this past month. He's from the Netherlands and he's quite large. He looks a lot meaner than he is, too. His name is Nero... and he's quickly become a part of my second home. For the small city that I work for, this was quite a monumental occasion. I never thought I'd ever get to work with someone like him, and I feel extremely honored to do so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last pict shows his true ability to fit in, on the late shift that is!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! I hope he gets his own vest!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh he is a darling...makes me tear up. Sometimes I miss working and carrying on conversations with Gritt. Even though her commands were German I know she spoke English. Sometimes I would say stupid shit, okay alot of the times, and she would just look at me like, "If you would just take my advise, you wouldn't have this going on...". Oh so faithful and so there to protect and serve way beyond any human can ever comprehend, yet so underestimated. I put "an angel with a bite" on Gritt's headstone. I'm so glad you get to learn from this fine officer! Bout time they got one!

By the way, I miss talking to you, again!

XOXO said...

Ooooh, you have no idea how jealous I am!!

I need to come visit! :-)