Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bits

It was around 0130 am that I decided to turn on Kitty Cam. I was bored, you see. Well... it seems my problem NOW stands with the router set up, again. Every thing is saying the internet is working, and everything IS working internally with the network. But when I try to connect to my browser? Nothing. I can't tell you how many times I have re-set that thing. 50 maybe? Obviously there's a set up issue. I just don't know what it is. I might try and work on it today sometime. If I get bored enough. Which I probably will. I have found I have an amazing amount of spare time when the chores are not left to go to hell and everything is caught up. I know most of you are aware of that... it only took me 40 years to learn it.

If you've clicked the link for "Things You Might Not Know About Me" over there on the right, you know I wear contacts. I wear the extended-wear disposable. I won't divulge my contact habits. Lets just say I am frugal and leave it at that, mmmm'kay? So I couldn't see last night (this was before the Kitty Cam experiment)and I decided I should put in a new pair of eyes. Libby likes to help me brush my teeth, and wash my face, and my hands... basically anything that allows her to sit on the bathroom counter while I'm in da washroom. She likes to preen, too! Anyone who wears contacts knows how painful it is to get ANYTHING in the eyes while the contacts are in. This includes Libby fuzz. But of course, she's right there the whole time as I wash my hands, get my new contacts ready, get the solution on hand. I took out the left one, and when I did, it fell to the counter. I just left it there while I got the new one to put in. In a matter of 3.625 seconds after the contact hit the counter, Libby ran over, grabbed it, and took off with it. I thought at first she had just jumped down because she was bored, but when I got the new contact in and looked down at the old one... it was gone. And that's when I noticed Libby on the floor in the corner bouncing around and playing with something. When I went to investigate, it was my old contact. I took it away from her, of course. It was earlier in the day that I had to take a toy away because she was shredding it and eating the fuzz off of it. Cats are crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're attcking kitty cam again! I wish I knew what to tell you, but that crap baffles me. I'm trying to get files shared across my network, and the Microsoft Help solutions that are supposed to do that only share stuff between users on that computer. That's how clueless I am. But best wishes!!!