Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rain! Sort of...

I was almost home. The skies were dark and on a few occasions a rainbow would appear. Then something hit my windshield. It was a rain drop. And another, and another, until I had to actually turn on my wipers. I was amazed! I was fascinated! It felt like a new experience! I got home, got out of my car and the SMELL! Oh, glorious rain smell. I ran in the house and opened up my doors and I watched, enthralled, as the rain came down. A whole 1 minute and 30 seconds worth. Just enough to make the roads slick up with built up oil and to cause lots of accidents for rush hour. Heard the sirens start not long after I got in.

I'm icky this morning. Started yesterday morning. Nothing of consequence escaping the orifices, but I have a pretty bad constant pain in my stomach that has become unbearable the last two times I've eaten anything... which will cure any snacking desires... or meal desires, for that matter. Not that I'm having problems with any of that, except that I'm still not eating as much as I should. But I'll write more about that on weigh day which is coming up in a couple of days. In the meantime, I think I'll go curl up with a book and some air conditioning and start my days off rested and relaxed.

You, dear reader, should tell someone you love them today. Just because.

My Niece / Picture by KL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What-a-cutie! Is she ever not smiling?

La La said...

Not that I have I ever witnessed. :-)