Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Music-licious

The current favorite song playing is from Zero 7. One of the songs off of the Garden State soundtrack. Probably one of my most favorite movie soundtracks ever. My daughter introduced me to the movie and from there I fell in love with the music. In fact, my daughter has introduced me to some of the best new music/indie music of all time. I have to give my son some credit as well... when I'm in the mood for some harder stuff, he's got the line on that as well. My kids ROCK! Can't say if my music tastes ever affected them, but we all share a very deep love for all kinds of music. I won't take complete credit for that... but I will take a little.

I think back to when I was their age and I know for a fact that my parents were never really interested in the music I listened to. Sure, we had some favorites that we shared, but my tastes were normally not theirs. Before this song that I have up now, I had an ABBA song playing. My liking ABBA I got from my Dad. I can remember sitting in our maroon Pontiac Bonneville with the moon roof, playing with the 8-track tape player, listening to ABBA. How sad that the younger generation will never be able to enjoy the clicking/clunking sound of changing tracks.

I will be featuring some of my favorite songs off the Garden State soundtrack in the coming days. Hope you enjoy and if there are ever any songs you would like me to put up, just shoot me an email. (address available in my profile section) I'll give you props in a post and maybe say some nice things about you as well.

Picture by KL (my daughter)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! what's your favourite abba song? dancing queen (the best for me!) is winning the poll at http://www.pollthepeople.com

La La said...

I had Take A Chance up for a few days. That's my favorite. I'll go run and vote, though!

Anonymous said...

Everybody knows that, "Does Your Mother Know" is easily the best. You guys are funny.

Anonymous said...

It's great that you & your kids share a love of music! I have no doubt that you were a great influence in them, in this & other ways.

Groovy tune, nice pic!