Friday, July 18, 2008

Boredom

It's been a very long time since I have been truly bored. But that's what I spent most of yesterday being. I paced, I read, I tried to find something to watch on TV or the computer, I paced some more, I got a little lonely, and finally went to bed at 8pm and read for an hour until I couldn't stand it any more and I just went to sleep. I woke up about 0130 for a bathroom break and I was going to get up then, but knowing there was nothing to do if I WERE to get up, I just went back to bed. Slept a total of 9 hours which ,at least for the past 5 or 6 years, is truly a sleeping record for me. But along with sleeping so long, I woke up and my body feels as if it's been in one position all night, so my back is stiff and somewhat sore. Have you even woke up during the night and realized your arm has been extended completely straight for probably hours and then when you try to bend it, you actually have to pick it up with your other hand because it hurts too bad to move it? That's the same feeling I have in my back... or had. It's a soreness that goes away quickly with movement and mine is almost gone already. Yeah, I know... it's old age and I need to go ahead and just get use to it. But I'm not use to it, because my back rarely hurts, if only because I usually only sleep 4 to 5 hours a day.

I look forward every week to my weekends so I can just get stuff done. I normally spend most of my weekend procrastinating on getting that stuff done. Well, I got all that stuff done on Wednesday which left me nothing to worry about doing, and nothing to actually do, on Thursday. In fact, I was SO bored yesterday, that I actually plugged in Kitty Cam for the first time since I threw up my hands. Nothings changed on that, by the way. I'm still an idiot.

Tonight I go back to work. Tomorrow I get to work 12 hours. That part time dispatcher we hired a couple of weeks ago? Yeah, well, he's now the full time animal control officer. One of our dispatchers left yesterday for a 10 day trip to Florida. I am not complaining about the over time. Number one, it gives me something to do and number two I REALLY need the extra money.

Number three, this has got to be one of the lamest posts I've ever written... not that the rest of my posts are any better, but I'm forcing myself to write a post today because the rest of the blogs that I read rarely post every day and there was nothing to read this morning.

This is called a wordle. I took a famous poem by a famous poet and this is what it came up with. Can you guess what famous poem this is just by these most common words used? Your hints are: The poet is male and dead. The bigger the words are, the more they are used.

Okay... I will spare you any more pain and I will end this post now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trippy! "The Raven"???