Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gustav Was A Dissapointment

Hurricane Gustav was suppose to bring us SO much rain. Not a drop at my house. We DID get and are currently getting some nice gusty northern winds and lots of heavy cloud cover. But no rain. I think it saw the DFW area and turned North and East just to avoid this area. Most rain showers do that this time of year. But the rain we got a couple of weeks ago has done wonders for my yard. Again, another camera-less moment, but as I was pulling into my drive this morning, there's a random Spider Lilly in the middle of my side yard. It hasn't bloomed yet, but I took a walk around the house and noticed the other Spider Lillies are coming up nicely. I finally texted my daughter to bring home me camera and I should be getting some nice boring shots for you soon.

I'm playing hooky again from work this week. Taking another Friday and Saturday off so I can go see my son play at the Door in Fort Worth on Saturday. They have taken the last several months off because their lead singer became a daddy. I'm looking forward to the show.

My cats are enjoying the cooler weather as well. I have every window in my house open and they can't decide which one they like the best as they run from window to window and jump up on screen doors and just act crazy.

1 comment:

The Ripper said...

you have the must biotiful eyes i ever seen
mmmmmmmmhhhhhhh