Sunday, September 14, 2008

IKE - Fah Fah Away

So I quit updating yesterday because there was nothing to update. Winds got up to MAYBE 25mph and we had some very good soaking rain, minus lightening and thunder. Aside from cooler temps and a good rain, here in our area, it was an extremely uneventful hurricane... again. Not that I'm asking for my house to be blown down or anything, but these weather folks get us all worked up about nasty weather and when it never happens, I'm just kind of like, ho-hum.

For those that have been devastated by this storm, my thoughts and well wishes go out to you and your families.

It's a most gorgeous day out! Find something to do out there today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only speak for me and my family that the Ike updates gave us a real sense of security in the face of possible certain destruction.
Knowing that you were there, faithfully reporting up to the hours involved with the monster storm gave us the hope necessary to carry on in the uncertain times.
Without you at the helm of the catlady blog weather reports I fear that the effects of panic alone would have surly maimed at least one of us here.
If there were an award given for such dangerous reporting on a blog, you, with your relentless attention to detail and not being afraid to tell it like it is would be on the short list for recognition in this little known field.

La La said...

I even fell down! Granted, that was last week, but still... I'm just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

LOL on the previous comment! The fearless cub reporter stuck out in the hurricane, getting blasted by the wind & rain only to tell us that hurricanes are windy & rainy, has been replaced by you, the blog-a-licious cat lady, who can deliver weather updates & cute cartoons from the safety of her home. A definite improvement, in my opinion.

Too bad "Tina" isn't on this year's hurricane name list...