Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Explanation For Yesterday

One of our young volunteer fireman's 17 year old girlfriend got her foot crushed and sadly ended up losing it. There was Careflight involved and things are always crazy when I have to call out Careflight. (Yes, we ran the call.) Right before that was done, we got a call on a possible major accident and 3 seconds after that, a call about a premature baby locked in a running vehicle. I have my fire guys out looking for an accident with very few details and all they find is a Fort Worth ambulance stuck in the mud in the exact place where the major accident is supposed to be. Before they clear, the officer I had at the 'baby locked in the car' call, is young and still pretty new and he starts to panic because he can't get the door unlocked and he's afraid to break the glass, but then he thought the baby started having problems breathing and then he couldn't get the glass to break, but the fire guys got on scene and they were able to open the vehicle. Then the whole officer getting attacked by a bat and my morning ended with finding out that one of our employees (not police related) died in her sleep. I think she was only a year or two older than I.

It was a night to remember, or not... for sure.

And happy St. Patrick's Day all you Irish people and non Irish people! Woot woot!

No comments: