Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kitteh Stuff

Libby makes it hard for me to blog any more. This Winter, she has gotten the snuggle bug SO bad. Not that I'm complaining, because I know once summer gets here the snuggles will be much fewer. But for now, every time I sit in my computer chair, Libby thinks that's the time to be on me. And she does NOT take no for an answer. If I lean forward or try and make my lap dissappear by scooting real close to the computer desk, she'll sit behind me and tickle me under my arm until I'm laughing so hard she can find her way in. I wish I were exaggerating at least a little here.

Cricket is my under the blankets kitteh. Her routine every time I lay in bed is to wait for me to lift up the comforter so she can get under. But it has to be under the comforter, not all the blankets and the sheet. She intermittently did this last Winter, but on her own when I wasn't even in bed. She would dissappear and I would start to notice she was missing, or I would get home from work and sit on my bed to take my shoes off... and she would chirp under the covers to let me know she was under there. I almost sat on her a few times, but learned to watch for lumps in my bed. Now she saves the under the cover times for when I'm there. This, I think, is also a Winter thing that will soon end with the heat of Summer.

If you are a viewer of Kitty Cam you may have noticed a scratching post that is almost always laying on its side. I've gotten a surprising number of comments and emails about it. This thing was pulled down by one of them at one point and I noticed that they use it more when it is on its side like that, than when it is standing up. The girls like to play with the yellow ball circle thingy while either standing on it, or hiding behind it, which is why it is placed where it is. All for YOUR viewing pleasure. Now if you are lucky enough with your timing, you can see them in action. Good luck with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, good to know about the scratching post.

And your cats are so damn cute!!!

Anonymous said...

That's cause they have a cute Mommy!

Crystal said...

The girlie's are sleeping right now. It's dark! I see their play-things.. Maybe I can get a glimpse of one soon!