Sunday, March 15, 2009

If Only

Most blogs that I find enjoyable have one of two things going for them. They have kids to blog about, or they go out and party and travel and are constantly on the run... or a combination of the two. I don't have either of these things going for me.

I had the kids, but they ended up moving out on me and so I can't talk about their daily habits and what funny little creatures they are. I could regale you with stories of their childhood and their misadventures... but I was cursed with good kids and so I've got no material there, either.

I've never had a life. And what life I have led so far, the parts that would be juicy blog material, I won't blog about because not only do those kids I mentioned stop by here on occasion, but my mom does, too.

I suppose I could make stuff up... or ACT like I'm making stuff up and intertwine the truth in there somehow. Hmmm....

Because I have a lack of anything to talk about... or at least something to talk about that would hold your attention, here's a list of some of my most memorable moments, some of which may not be true, in no particular order.

1. The birth of my son. I distinctly remember thinking, "Holy crap, what have I done?"

2. Graduating high school. My son attended. He was four months old.
2a. My son's high school graduation. I attended. I was 36 years old.

3. The birth of my daughter. I distinctly remember thinking, "Holy crap, why did I do this again?"

4. The day I stood in court for my divorce to be official. Feb. 6th, 1990, for those that are curious.

5. The first car wreck I was in. (passenger)

6. Going solo for the first time in dispatch. (For all my friends who stop by here and who have gutter minds, "The first time I worked all by myself in dispatch")

7. D and M... so long ago.

8. New Years Eve, 2003.

9. The day my Mom was diagnosed with cancer.

10. The day I realized I had amnesia. (Lost a whole month)

11. Sitting in a room full of uniformed men and suddenly realizing I had had some type of "personal" relationship with every single one of them, and then thinking to myself, "It's time to get a new job".

12. Getting a new job after being at the same job for almost 12 years.

13. The day I got fired from the new job.

14. The first day back at the old job.

15. The moment I first laid eyes on Libby.

16. The day I moved in to this house.

17. The first time I got Kitty Cam to work.

18. The day my parent's jewelry store got burglarized.

19. Kissing M on the bridge at church camp.

20. Seeing that same M for the first time in 25 years, at my son's rock concert.

I realized as I was thumbing through the old memories how many of them there are. I could make list, after list of these things. Makes me see how not empty my life has been. But I'll stop at 20 for today, and leave another 20 for another day. Like tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! =^)

kryston said...

21. Realizing your daughter is a complete badass