Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hey, Hey, What's That Smell

Did you know that smells can wake someone up as much as sounds? I didn't, until about 30 minutes ago. I think Mr. Skunk came by and was peeking in my window and heard me snoring and let loose with a big one because I know the skunks are out to get me... maybe I need to call my local police department. I'm so glad I'm not at work right now.

My daughter suggested she might grace me with her presence today. That's always a good thing, but especially right now. She'll be turning 21 on Saturday and this will give me a chance to lecture her endlessly about drinking and driving and getting into a car with someone who's been drinking and so on. I'll be catching her off guard because all she'll be thinking of is, "Birthday Check, Birthday Check" and I'll casually start in when she's least expecting it and by the time she realizes what is going on, it will be too late for her and she will have to suffer through the 4 and a half hour long monologue I have prepared. When I finally hand her her birthday check, she'll be so terrified to even leave my house that she'll have to move back in with me and live happily ever after amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best blog effort yet.