Monday, May 19, 2008

Christmas

Getting packages delivered to your home is like Christmas. Doesn't matter that you're the one that ordered whatever it is that has arrived... you still have to open it. And whatever it is, it's new. So it even smells like Christmas. Just wish I could afford more packages.

I ordered the new router. Not sure when it's going to be here. I'm thankful for the break between computer stuff. I'm already doubting my ability to get the camera up. Not looking forward to the struggle. It hurts my brain to think so much.

The weather bar on my computer says it's suppose to get up to 97 degrees today. I would say that Spring has had it's fill of us here and she's handing it off to Summer. I wish Spring would stick around longer... because I just can't seem to ever get enough of her. Which means the electricity bill will be skyrocketing again. I'm spoiled with how this house sits. Not having central heat or air has not even been an inconvenience since I've moved here. Lots of cross breezes and windows in all the right places to keep things cool. I tend to keep the lights off as well... not really to save power, but I prefer the ambiance of subtle lighting. At work, I'm the one who gets a comment a day from someone about how I work in a cave. I've worked in the dark for a long time.

Thanks to all who have signed my Verve Wall! I'll be stopping by your place soon to do a little graffiti on yours as well. If anyone wants or needs a new blog to read, there is a little clicky thingy on the right there that's called Verve and you can check out local blogs and other state blogs and other country blogs. It's kind of cool. I've already added several to my favorites that I read daily.

Now I'm off to have my daily dose of Fable before I lay me down to sleep.

Long days and pleasant nights... (sk)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having router woes. I hope you were at least able to get your $ back on the bad one. I imagine you called tech support before kicking it to the curb.

For what it's worth at this point, I read good reviews of D-Link, but I think the gold standard is Linksys. But really, I think any decent brand will probably be fine.

And I TOTALLY know what you mean about "Christmas"--I love ordering stuff, I love tracking stuff, I love getting stuff! I even called my UPS guy "Santa Claus" once!