Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Random Thoughts

My gas light came on in my car last night as I started out for work. I filled up my small compact car with the small compact gas tank and it STILL cost me $40 in the end. (pun intended) How is that even possible?

It's SO hot! I actually wouldn't mind the heat so much... it's the humidity that kills. It's so hot, that even when I have my air conditioner on and it' 75 degrees in here it's still hot. I think they call that radiant heat.

My cats are too hot to be much entertainment on the old non-existent kitty cam, so I don't feel so bad about ignoring it for the last two days. All they have done for a week is lay around.

I would like to have one whole night at work where a crazy person didn't call. Just one night.

I think I'm having a burn-out phase at work. It's a common thing to have happen to those of us in the workforce and can be more common with those who work in emergency services. I can only imagine what our military guys go through. It usually runs in two to three year cycles. And it will last for a couple of months and then things are fine again. I took another 3 day weekend last week and just having that one extra day was a very nice refresher. I don't like to take time off because when I'm not there, SOMEBODY has to be there and it causes the other girls to have to work overtime and I just hate that. We all pretty much have the same opinion about overtime up there. We really don't mind working overtime, we just would prefer not to. Sitting in a room for 8 hours is bad enough... sitting in a room for 12 hours is exhausting.

Oklahoma is getting pounded this year with tornadoes. Did you know that since 1950, every state in our nation has had a tornado?

No comments: