Sunday, May 25, 2008

Warning! This Post May Contain Strong Language!

So here's the deal. I know all I've posted about the last few times is about this camera. But it's taken over my ever waking moment and last night as I was trying to lay down before work, all I could think about were different things to try to get this thing up and running. I would say this post is going to be different, but it's not. So if you don't care to read about my woe-as-me camera adventures, my feelings won't be hurt if you just tune in tomorrow.

I know I have at least ONE reader out there whose job it is to "wrangle data". If you are reading this, please email me and let me know when we can schedule a phone conference because I am at my wits end.

For example... I spent a good deal of time surfing the web looking for some kind of software to use with this thing because I assumed that when I installed the configuration software, it installed everything. Just this morning I ended up on trendnet.com (that's the camera type's website) and it kept talking about opening up the software called IPview. What I discovered was that I had failed to install the software that was also on the installation disk. Duh! Unfortunately, I was quick to think that this would solve my problem for getting this thing online. I was wrong.

During my surfing experiences, I've visited many computer related sites. I've hit the message boards, the FAQS, everything. On a lot of these sites, it will ask for your computer experience... expert, moderate, novice. No where... NO WHERE was there a section for dumb-ass! Life is unfair.

***

In other news... I went to my son's performance yesterday at the Ridglea Theater on Camp Bowie. The doors didn't open at the time they said they would be open and by the time I got through the ticket line, his band was already on stage performing. I got to listen to the first couple of songs and finally got in as they were starting their 3rd song. I was sad I didn't get to SEE them preform all of their songs, but at least I got to listen to them. There were a LOT of people there. I think this was their biggest turnout yet.

Next to the Ridglea Theater on Camp Bowie there is a head shop. I haven't been in a head shop for 20 years. Curiosity got to me and I wandered in. I used to burn incense almost continuously at my other house and when I walked in it smelled SO good. So I bought some incense and now my house smells like a head shop.

It's SO hot! Not only was it 95 degrees yesterday... but there was 1000% humidity on top of it. It's only suppose to get to 92 today, though. What a relief! HA HA

No comments: