Friday, May 23, 2008

It's All A Trap!

Funny... when I started out with the idea of Kitty-Cam I thought... purchase price of a camera and other assorted equipment would be all that I spent money on. That would be my biggest headache. But, oh my. That is so not reality.

Although there is TONS of information on the web about how to get a web cam live, none of that glorious information is exactly what I need. I have grabbed bits of info from here or there, put that info with other info I've gotten from other places and I sit here and put it all together and it still makes my head want to asplode.

Do they make Live Web Cams For Dummies? Lemme go check...

They had this:

But I already HAVE a camera and reading about this product, it is for people who want to chat live. But what I DID learn in the 5 minutes I was away Googling Live Web Cam For Dummies, is that whoever started that whole "For Dummies" series has GOT to be one wealthy SOB by now. You wouldn't BELIEEEEEEVE some of the things they have these books for now.

I actually have an original DOS For Dummies. That book helped me understand a lot during my early days of computing. I did find a HTML For Dummies and I might look into that. I need a trip to the bookstore. SEE? See how I'm being led down a road of buying stuff?

It's a trap I tell you!


***edit***

I was wrong. There IS one:

2 comments:

Jerrine Absher said...

I saw their latest one:

Understanding Yourself,
Dummies for Dummies

Anonymous said...

Supposedly, the nerdy kid from Fast Times at Ridgemont High (well, the real guy the character was based on) is the one behind the "Dummies" books. It's gotta be true, I heard it on the internet! ;^)